Thank you for stopping by my blog. Lately I have been reviewing books and haven't had as much time to scrap. Hopefully soon I'll get back to scrapping and creating some new files. Thank you for your patience.

I have made files available at absolutely no charge. I do this for fun. I am learning the wonderful Make The Cut (MTC) program and trying to improve my skills. Most of the files have been created from free coloring sheets online. You will need MTC software in order to cut these files. Please use these files for your personal use only and if you want to share them with others please direct others to my blog. I hope you enjoy these files. Comments are always appreciated. If you are not a follower please consider doing so. I have lots of new files that I want to add over the next few months.



PLEASE DO NOT USE MY FILES AS YOUR OWN AND DO NOT POST THEM ELSEWHERE. IF YOU WANT TO SHARE MY WORK WITH OTHERS PLEASE DIRECT THEM TO MY BLOG. THANK YOU

Thursday, December 26, 2013

The War on Christmas

 
 
The War on Christmas: Battles in Faith, Tradition, and Religious Expression a book to help “Find the truth about Christmas and the Christian’s response to a culture that seems to be declaring war on traditions and the Bible!”­
I have become so tired of trying to defend my Christian beliefs and the reasons we do the things we do. I have been approached by even Christian people who have be confused about holidays that we celebrate and at times even question if they are right or not. I was excited to receive this book to read and review to see if maybe it could clear up some of the confusion. Although reading some of it seemed almost like reading a textbook and some of the information I already knew it did make some interesting points. A point that was made that I liked was if we are uplifting Christ and making it about Him how could it be wrong? We are after all praising Him. Now if we are turning a Christian holiday into something else I feel it would be wrong. As a Christian I feel we should take any opportunity we can to uplift His name. I have also been asked about the decorating of the tree that is mentioned in the bible as wrong and the book addressed this. I’m glad that I now know what the tree in the bible represented and can pass that along. You will have to read the book to find out J.
I liked that the book included biblical references and not just opinions. I believe anytime we defend our Christian beliefs it should be backed up by His Word. The book seemed to be a little choppy but other than that it was well written and beautifully illustrated. I do wish there was some more elaboration on a few issues but overall I enjoyed the book. I wouldn’t say it was life changing or overly enlightening but there are some good points that could be brought up when one is questioned about the holiday. If you are questioning the Christmas holiday pick this book up and give it a read.
I was given this book by Handlebar Publishing at no charge for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment